A short clip from a 1 hour talk on “Key to Christian Mysticism and the Bhagavad Gita” by Swami Yogeshwarananda Giri, wherein Swamiji Mystically interprets parts of the Gospels and reveals how the same teaching is given in the Bhagavad Gita when Mystically interpreted.
A short snippet taken from 13 hours of discourse given by Swami Yogeshwarananda Giri, wherein Swamiji goes into great depth explaining the Mystical meaning of Chapter 13 of the Bhagavad Gita.
In this exert taken from a 12 hour discourse on Chapter 3 of the Bhagavad Gita Swamiji explains how the meaning of Varna has been misinterpreted to mean class or caste of people, when in reality it means colour & refers to the colour of a persons aura depending on whether they are predominantly of a rajasic, sattvic or tamasic nature. Swamiji then goes on to explain the various traits, behavioural patterns & tendencies of each type.
Taken from 13 hours of discourse on Chapter 13 of the Bhagavad Gita, in this section on verse 2 Swamiji explains that once the difference between the FIELD & the true KNOWER of the FIELD are discerned it then becomes possible for the aspirant to become established within the Atman. For this to come about it is necessary to maintain a permanent state of Brahma Akhara Vritti commonly known as Non-dual Awareness.
1. The state of meditation is to be in tune with your Divine nature.
2. In order to meditate, you should know on what you are to meditate.
3. To facilitate this process where was the imageless image of God
made in man so that you can be in tune with God.
4. How to be in tune with your God nature.
5. What is your God nature.
6. The Hindu term BRAHMAN signifies It, as unlimited, unbounded
7. Hence be in synchronicity with this state.
8. And thus maintain Non-Dual Awareness.
9. For this, forget three things.
10. In a meditative state you have to be Aware.
12. Because you have forgotten your God status.
13. Thus where to and how to be so Aware.
14. Living is a meditative exercise.
15. The occupation of living is meditative living.
PS. Thus why do you need any other occupation except for your bread
and butter? Thus will you peacefully live with yourself wherever you
Yoga means to get reconnected to your Divine nature. Yoga is a mind science, it has got the following as it’s features:
A. The acquisition of knowledge and wisdom as to WHO I AM and then to be centred in your Atman.
B. The living of life itself is a yoga of action and actions are to be done as a karma yoga, that is how to live and function.
C. The third component is, lovingly live, lovingly do and lovingly interact, then you will bloom in love, as love is the centre of man’s existence.
D. In order to attain salvation overcome the mind, this could be achieved via Meditation and Meditative living.
E. Also by cultivating noble virtues.
Finally devotedly live & practice the above mentioned in order to be settled in your True Self as the Atman.