We use personal information only for the purpose it was originally collected.
This website is not intended for children and does not knowingly collect data from children.
Who are we?
The data controller for this site is:
For any issues regarding this website you have the right to complain to the ICO but we would appreciate being contacted first to resolve any issues or concerns.
We collect data for the purpose of:
- Sending communications about us and our regular newsletter.
- Customer service and responding to your enquiries.
- Fulfilling your download purchase.
- Improving the function and experience of this website.
Your email address and name are collected when you leave a comment on our website. We also collect your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Your email address and name are collected when you leave a comment on our website. We also collect your website URL, if you enter this, your IP address and and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Who do we share your data with?
We respect your privacy and do not share your information with any other parties. Any information collected is used only for its intended purpose.
This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
On this website we use:
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console for anonymous reporting of site usage and to optimise the efficiency of the website to deliver a better user experience.
- Contact Form 7 to collect and manage the process the contact form.
- Store your email address in our MailChimp account
- Send our regular newsletter and from time-to-time, marketing emails to you from our MailChimp account
- Track your interactions (on our sent email) for email marketing purposes
- Send you important account/order/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
- Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
- Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
- If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We use Mailchimp to collect email addresses for our newsletter.
Mailchimp collects your email and name and also collects an IP address that tells us the country and region you are in when you complete the form.
Once you opt-in to our newsletter you give your permission for us to use your email address in the following way:
You have the right to unsubscribe and delete your data from our email list at any time and an ‘unsubscribe’ link is contained in every message that you will receive from us. Please note that unsubscribing from one email may not delete you from other lists if you are subscribed to more than one list with us.
You also have the right to access and update your personal information held by clicking on the ‘preferences’ link in the footer of all our emails sent to you.
You can also request to access, correct, amend or delete information we hold
about you by contacting MailChimp directly here…
Easy Digital Downloads
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit our Cookies policy here.
Third party links
How long do we retain your data for?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you contact us, a copy of your email is retained for reference indefinitely.
If you complete our newsletter sign-up form MailChimp will retain your data until you unsubscribe or request to be deleted.
If you purchase an ebook we retain your details for customer service purposes indefinitely.
Where do we send your data?
If necessary to conduct the operation of our website and communications between us your data may be transferred outside of the European Union (EU).
Some external third-parties such as Google and MailChimp are outside of the EU so the processing of your personal data will be outside of the EU.
What rights do you have over your data?
You can at any time request a copy of the information we hold about you by contacting us here.
You can also request that your data is removed from our website at any time.
How we protect your data
To the best of our limitation we use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information; and we make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
In the instance of a data breach we will notify you within the legal requirements.
This page was last updated on 7th June 2018.